Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christians ~ by Maya Angelou

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not shouting, "I'm clean livin'." I'm whispering, "I was lost, now I'm found and forgiven."

When I say, "I am a Christian," I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I am weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not claiming to be perfect, my flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say, "I am a Christian," I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say, "I am a Christian," I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner who receives God's good grace, somehow!

post signature

3 comments:

Membership Required said...

Oh what a wonderful thing to read this morning. Thanks for posting it. ML
PS. I will try to call today.

Carmen said...

This is just what I needed. Thanks Beth!

Its A Corny Life... said...

Thanks for the tip on the sleep monitor. I have heard about them but wasn't really sure how reliable they are. I will definitely take a look at one. Is there a way to test it? Like with a doll or something? I think I would have a hard time trusting it??? Or maybe I am just crazy. Hard to say these days...