Monday, August 17, 2009

Man, we have A LOT of crap....

Sooner or later we'll be moving, and the thought of packing ALL of our stuff has suddenly lit a fire under my butt to get in gear and start going through all of our crap. Honestly, we have stuff that has moved with us 3 times and never been used/opened/looked at... you get the picture.

I'm amazed by how much useless stuff we've accumulated and hung onto over the past handful of years - stuff we keep in case there comes a moment where we might want or need it. But at this point if it hasn't been used in, oh I don't know 8 years, I doubt there will ever be a time we'll need all this useless crap.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for hanging onto keepsakes and whatnot, but I'm all about purging the crap we truly do not use or need. I've already made a dropoff at Goodwill today, have been gathering things to sell in a garage sale, and trying to imagine what we can/will sell on craigslist. As much as I don't like the idea of packing, moving, and unpacking again, at least I know I'm making the process a bit easier for my hubby, because let's face it, he's the one who'll be doing most of the heaving lifting and moving:)

It's a good thing I/we have plenty of time to go through this house and decide what stays and what goes:)


post signature

No comments: